Hi! I am Meghan.
MOST COMMON QUESTION: WHEN DID I START DOING MAKEUP? PROFESSIONALLY: 2005. MORE ACCURATE ANSWER: 1998, I REMEMBER THE YEAR CLEARLY BECAUSE I WAS 12 AND THE TOONIE JUST CAME OUT! I PUT MY NYC DOUBLE ENDED EYELINER TO USE A MY FRIEND'S BIRTHDAY PARTY TO CREATE MY FIRST SMOKEY EYE... AND MY PASSION HAVE BEEN GROWING EVER SINCE.
After 10 years of professional makeup, I've worked with hundreds of wedding parties, taught so many great makeup classes and met so many great people.
Things I <3:
- Theme songs for my life might be Florence + The Machine 'Dog Days Are Over', or Ellie Goulding 'Anything Could Happen'
- Black coffee
- Laura Mercier Tined Moisturizer oil-free
- Dog walks with my fiancé Taber and Labrador Maverick
- Lincoln Park After Dark by OPI
- Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Floral prints
- Oceans > Mountains (hard choice)
- Nars Matte Velvet in Dragon Girl
- Concerts overwhelm me (where my introverts at?!)
- I'm totally quirky and awkward, but real
- I am afraid of heights
- I laugh way too hard my dog farts
- I really don't like the feeling of makeup; lipgloss and strip lashes being the worst
- I have seen very few movies, including Gladiator and Foot Loose
McGuigan founded MakeupandMeg in 2005 in Toronto, Canada, apprenticing as a makeup artist at a downtown salon in Yorkville. She worked in Montreal, before moving to Edmonton to finish her Bachelor of Education at the University of Alberta. She continued to grow her company, with clients like Lululemon, CTV, Poppy Barley and The Government of Alberta. McGuigan has a perchance for writing, with her own beauty column in Beauty Bliss Magazine, and most recently featured in FASHION magazine for Edmonton's best manicure.
McGuigan specializes in nails, lash extensions and beauty makeup for weddings and photography.
Meghan is also an elementary teacher, working on her Master's of Psychology.