I used to have a blog with over 400+ posts about happiness. It dissolved into the internet abyss. Loosing all my hard work (and $5000+ to a faulty web company) bothered me a lot- I've lost a lot of sleep worry about it and regretting my mistakes over my website for the past year.
Blogging about happiness was cathartic, and inspired me to be a better person. So here I am, beginning again.
The theme today: Getting Un-stuck.
I get stuck in my head easy. I often feel underwhelmed by my own accomplishments, and feel like would rather do nothing than try because I'm afraid to fail. This is when I feel stuck.
I practice re-framing my thinking in order to be more productive and happy.
7 Ways to Re-Frame Your Thinking About Failure:
1) It's not a failure, it's learning experiences.
2) Mistakes are reminders to pay more attention to details.
3) Mistakes show you're trying, and taking action!
4) Live in the moment. The past (1 year ago, yesterday, 1 minute ago) is gone. What can you do NOW to make tomorrow better?
5) Kick your own a$$. It's easy to be a be a bump on a log and get stuck in a rut, but it's important to remember we're only alive for 80 years and I'm already 1/3 of the way along! Kick your own a$$ every day to do better and be better, because that's living.
6) Be confident in change. Be confident there is something brilliant and meant for you waiting on the other side.
7) Challenges change us and build strength. Tension motivates change and improvement.
"The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven." - John Milton
Wishing you a positive day, where you create your own wins and successes.